Tips for Moving
We get it. Moving is stressful. The one thing that separates you from your dream home or the next step in your hone buying journey is a days-long (sometimes weeks-long) commitment that can cause one or two moments of doubting why you’ve made the decision to buy or sell a home. At Agents of Real Estate, we are nothing if not accommodating to the needs of the people we interact with on a daily basis. Moving doesn’t have to be stressful – a little preparation can go a long way.
Here are 12 helpful tips to get you through:
- Pack a bag containing all your everyday essentials. This will help you avoid trying to remember which box you packed your toothbrush in or where that fresh pair of underwear are hiding.
- Try your best to clean your new home BEFORE you bring everything over. This will help to eliminate chaos. For example: wiping down the interiors of your new kitchen cupboards will allow you to immediately unpack your dishes and put them away as soon as you arrive.
- Get rid of the junk! If you aren’t using it now, then you won’t be using it in your new home. Donate or throw away the items that you no longer make use of.
- Create a schedule. This will help organize your day to day. Instead of trying to get everything done at once, break it up throughout the week.
- Label your boxes. This will avoid the inevitable guessing game of what goes where.
- Protect your fragile items! Wrap them in socks, old blankets, bubble wrap or newspaper.
- Make photocopies of important documents. You never know, things can be misplaced.
- Take photos of how your electronics are connected. This will save you the stress of having to remember what cable goes where.
- Limit the cardboard boxes. Use laundry bins, luggage’s, knapsacks and bags to pack the heavy items like books.
- Don’t be afraid of numbering your boxes. This system will keep you from questioning if you left anything behind.
- Remember to DEFROST your fridge a day before you move. This will help you to avoid a stinky mess.
Planning ahead and knowing what you need to do is the first step to making peace with the moving process. At the end of the day, your ‘why’ should be more than enough reassurance that, despite what seems daunting, you’re making the right decision. We’re glad to help and can guide you through the process. READY TO MAKE THAT LEAP? Fill out our contact form and let us show you why we ARE the very best at fulfilling our clients’ real estate needs each and every step of the way.